I have done a challenge for myself and now I have learned quite a bit of myself. First I do admire those Beadweavers. I will not be a beadweaver. Yes that was my challenge for myself. This was my first and I guess my last try at beadweaving. By reading this it is a good laugh. I decided I would try to do a bracelet. It seemed easy at first until I started working into it farther. Let me tell you it was no piece of cake for me. I am using old vintage seed beads and decided to mix with the modern stretch cord. Maybe the new seed beads are no problems but I had ones that the sizes were not the same so some of the beads broke. Then I ended up needing to get a different needle. All my needles were to big for the smaller seed beads. In the process I broke 2 needles, poked myself a few to many times. Ouch! Did get off my pattern a few times, well you know what that means, yes tear it apart. I was getting very frustrated. Can you believe I was more than 3/4 of the way done when there was another bead to small for my needle. Darn I'm getting more frustrated. My needle was the smallest it could be but I could not get the cord through that little hole. Here I am stuck again. I certainly did not want to break another bead because I would have to tear it apart just to put another bead back into its place. I finally decided to put that down for awhile. It was a whole week I was deciding on what to do. I did not want to tear this bracelet all apart. I only had about 15 more beads to put on before I was finished. I finally tried again. I searched until I found a needle that would work. Finally I was going to get somewhere. I can't believe how many needles I tried using. I know these seed beads are vintage and I should use thread but the directions asks for a stretch cord. I am not an expert either just trying to learn on my own. Well I finally did it. It took more time and patience, but I was persistant. I just want to say that I admire the beadweavers! My next challenge for myself will be a little while before I decided to do something again.
Here is the finished product finally!