Monday, August 18, 2008

What is "On a Stick" at the Iowa State fair?


Each year there is something new arriving at the fair for on a stick. This year was pineapple on a stick. But this is deep fried with funnel cake batter...... here is what else is on a stick I know there is more, but this is all I could find.
*Chili cheese dog *Spicy chicken/shrimp * Cheese on stick
*Foot long *Hot dog *Fried Candy bars
*Bologna * Pickle on a stick *Sausage
*Pork chops on a stick *Chocolate cover cheese cake *Meatballs
*Frozen lemonade *Carmel apples *salad on a stick
*Turkey leg on a stick *Potato Lollipop *cotton candy
*Chocolate covered ice cream cookies
*Chocolate covered fudge brownie on a stick
I can't wait to hear what will be next year. Did I make you hungry?

9 comments:

Beth said...

Oh fun! I heard about the new stick items from my dad this weekend. He and his wife do a master gardner's exhibit at the fair. We are hoping to go see it next year and get some stick food yumminess!

Unknown said...

salad on a stick? ha!!

Cthings said...

Fly tie I didn't believe it either. Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and dressing. Like a kabob.

Unknown said...

fudge covered brownie on a stick -- that sounds yummy and lethal! :)

fluffnflowers said...

My guy was looking over my shoulder and saw 'cold pop' and started laughing. He makes fun of my 'soda pop' all of the time.

I don't think I believe the salad on a stick.

Pretty Fun said...

Potato Lolipop!?
I probably would have tried the pineapple on a stick.

w said...

food on a stick is pretty much genius in my book.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha! I just blogged the other day about our state fair and they had alligator on a stick.

Unknown said...

prada handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike roshe run, nike outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, uggs on sale, christian louboutin outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, tiffany and co, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, louis vuitton, louboutin, kate spade outlet, nike air max, nike free, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, air max, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tory burch outlet, michael kors, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, burberry, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet